We are in the process of updating our Collection inventory and will be making changes to this website listing as that project continues. If you are looking for a specific item or have a question, please send us an email from the "Contact Us" page here. Our collection includes objects, photographic/video items, and printed materials (including NEW as of April 2020 referenced newspaper articles and feature stories).
Photographic/Video Items –
• Compiled as part of producing History of Ottawa County—The First 175 Years, over 300 black and white photos of Ottawa County from various sources.
• The Fred Grimm collection of over 10,000 photos of Ottawa County.
• OCHS YouTube Channel displays the following video recorded events:
- Ottawa County 175th Anniversary History Book Research
- Ottawa County Oral History Reenactments
- Peter Navarre: War of 1812 Scout
- Ottawa County Painted Barn Dedication
View the videos on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0JRxejjgLqfOzZewdvNC_w/featured
• Additional video not on OCHS YouTube channel: "Ohio First Skirmish War of 1812" produced by X5VideoProductions, September 29, 2012. In September of 1812 a small group of farmers and militia were returning from harvest on Ohio's Danbury Peninsula on the Lake Erie shoreline. They were ambushed by a band of Native Americans loyal to the British. This skirmish was the first fighting in the War of 1812 in Ohio. In September, 2012 this skirmish was commemorated in ceremonies where the fighting took place. Scenes in this video show both the formal events and the reenactment of fighting between settlers and Natives. View the video on YouTube. Here is the link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=odxZmOAXCZE.