WHERE: 5258 E. Porter Street, Catawba, OH
The Catawba Island Historical Society's museum at Union Chapel will open on Saturday, May 8. Open to the public on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and the 2nd & 4th Saturdays of each month until mid-October. Hours will be from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. There is no charge for admission.
Union Chapel was built in 1888 to serve as a non-denominational Sunday school for area children. To preserve the structure, ownership was transferred to Catawba Island Township in the 1990s and now leases the building to the Historical Society. Several of the displays woven into the museum's overall "Timeline of Catawba" theme have been refined and updated. A new exhibit has been added in 2021 to honor the three Catawba Island soldiers who died in combat while serving their Country.
Federal and State covid-19 guidelines will be followed (required masks and social distancing).